David Perez-Meza, MD, FISHRS
Dr. David Perez-Meza
Founder and Medical Director
Dr. Perez-Meza graduated from the Military Medical School in Mexico City. He specialized in Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at the General Hospital in Mexico City. He retired with Lt. Colonel status in 1996 after serving the Mexican Army for 26 years. He came to the Orlando, Florida for a Hair Transplant Fellowship with Dr. Matt Leavitt.
He is the winner of the 2007 Platinum Follicle Award from the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons for his research in hair loss, different treatments for baldness and hair transplant surgical techniques; also, he has received eight research grants awards.
For the past 17 years, Dr. Perez-Meza has been part of the Orlando Live Hair Transplant Surgery Workshop. Since 2001 he has been the Co-Chairman of the meeting.
In 2001, he was the 1st Hispanic and Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery.
Dr. Perez-Meza has been the author and co-author of articles and textbooks about hair loss and hair restoration.
Dr. Perez-Meza applies the art and science of plastic surgery to hair transplant surgery, utilizing his unique combination of skills to create a result that is as natural as the patien's original hair pattern. He feels it s important to offer his patients the cutting edge of medical and surgical treatment to achieve the mutual goals he shares with his patients. He knows that every patient is unique and he customizes his skills for helping his hair loss patients.
Dr. Perez-Meza is the current President of the SILATC (Iberolatinamerican Society of Hair Transplant)
1996-1997. Fellowship in Hair Transplant Surgery with Dr. Matt Leavitt in Orlando Florida
1980-1983 Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Residency at the General Hospital SSA in Mexico City.
1977-1979 Internship and Surgery Resident at the Military Hospital in Mexico City.
1971-1977 Doctor in Medicine. Military Medical School. Mexico City.
Diplomate American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery 2001 to date
Board of Governors and Member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS)
Co-Chairman of the ISHRS Live Surgery Workshop Committee
Co-Chairman of the Orlando Live Surgery Workshop 2001 to date
Founding Member of the Scientific Advisory Council of the Hair Foundation
Ibero-latin-American Federation of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Sociedad Mexicana de Cirujanos Plasticos y Reconstructivos Militares
1. Parsley W and Perez-Meza D. Current Developments in Follicle Graft Survival for Hair Restoration. J of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surg. Vol.
2 Num 3 May-Aug. 2010. Pages 69-76 2. Parsley W, Beehner M and Perez-Meza D. Studies on Graft Hair Survival. In Unger and Shapiro‰Ûªs book. Hair Transplantation. 5th edition. 2010. pages 328-334
3. Perez-Meza D and Shapiro R. Practical Problems and Limitations of hair Survival Studies. In Unger and Shapiro‰Ûªs book. Hair Transplantation. 5th edition. 2010. Pages 326-328
4. Leavitt M and Perez-Meza D. Low Level Laser Therapy in Hair Loss. In Lasers and non-surgical rejuvenation. Techniques in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. April 2009. Pages 141-153
5. Perez-Meza D and Niedbalski R. Complications in Hair Restoration Surgery. Clin Oral Maxillofacial Surg. Feb 2009. Pages 119-148
6. Perez-Meza D. The Factor X. Platelet Treatment maximizes hair transplant procedure. Cosmetic Surgery Times. April 2008. Pages 34-35
7. Mangubat A and Perez-Meza D. The Perfect hair Restoration Procedure. Cosmetic Surgery Times. April 2008. Pages 30-32
8. Perez-Meza D, Leavitt M and Barusco M. Growth Factors Part 2: The Use of Autologous Growth Factors Platelet Rich and Poor Plasma in Hair Transplant Surgery. 2007 Hair Transplant Forum in press.
9. Perez- Meza D, Leavitt M and Mayer M. The Growth Factors, Part 1: Clinical and Histological Evaluation of the Wound Healing and Revascularization of the Hair Graft after Hair Transplant Surgery. Hair Transplant Forum Sep-Oct. 2007. Pages 173-75
10. Wasserbauer S, Perez-Meza D and Chao Ron Hydrogen Peroxide and Wound Healing: A Theorical and Practical Review For Hair Transplant Surgeons. 2007 Dermatologic Surgery Journal In press.
11. Matt Leavitt, David Perez- Meza, Naveen Rao, Marco Barusco et als Finasteride 1 mg on Hair Transplantation. Derm Surg Journal. Oct 2005
12. Perez-Meza D. Wound Healing and Revascularization of the Hair Transplant Graft. Role of the Growth Factors. In Unger‰Ûªs Book. Hair Transplantation. 4th edition 2004.
13. Mel Mayer and David Perez-Meza Temple Points. In Unger‰Ûªs Book. Hair Transplantation. Marcel Decker 2004.
14. David Perez-Meza MD and John Vincent. Restoration Surgery for Hair System Users. National hair Journal. Vol 7. No.25. Spring 2003
15. Perez-Meza D. Ergonomics in Hair Transplant offices. Use of PerezMezA (PEMA) Handles ( 1cc and 3cc Hypodermic Syringes) for Blades and Needles for Making Sites in Hair Restoration. Hair Transplant Forum Intl. Vol. 13 (4). July-August. 2003. 397- 398.
16. Perez-Meza D. Orlando Live Surgery Workshop. 2003. Report. National Hair Journal. Vol 7. No. 25. Spring 2003.
17. Perez-Meza D. Complications in Hair Restoration Surgery. Hair Transplant Forum Intl. November-December, 2001.
18. Melvin Mayer, M.D., David Perez-Meza, Managing the Donor Area to Minimize Scarring. International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology, 3, (2), 2001. Pages 121-126
19. Stough D, Leavitt M and Perez-Meza D. Recipient Site Angulation Study, Meza.M.D. International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology, 3, (2), 2001. Pages 127-130
20. Leavitt M, Perez Meza D, Barusco M. Research Symposium 1999-2000: Clinical Update on Research Studies Performed at the WHS/ISHRS Live Surgery Workshop, International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology, 3, (2), 2001. Pages 135-149
21. Perez-Meza, D., Leavitt, M., Trachy, R. Clinical Evaluation of GraftCyte Moist Dressings on Hair Graft Viability and Quality of Healing, International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, 6(1), 1998.
22. Leavitt, M., Perez-Meza, D. Technical Advances in Hair Restoration: An Examination of the Role of the Video Microscope, International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, 6(1), 1998.
Surgeon of the Month for July/August 2005 - Hair Transplant Forum International
Histogen- Hair Stimulating Complex for Hair Loss Patients with MPHL 2008-2010 Pfizer. The Use of new topical s