No such thing as a dumb question…
Before you make a final commitment for hair restoration surgery, it’s a good idea to ask your hair restoration surgeon a lot of questions so you can have confidence in your decision. If you need a starting point, here are some concerns that go through patients’ minds:
- How do I choose a hair restoration surgeon? What credentials and experience should I look for when selecting the right surgeon for me? Click here for more specific recommendations on training and credentials.
- How long will my procedure last? Many surgeries require multiple procedures. Patients should have a clear understanding of the time commitment necessary to achieve their desired results.
- Will people notice my hair transplantation? Patients should feel comfortable addressing this significant concern upfront because a hair restoration surgeon can suggest options for making the transplantation less noticeable.
- How much will it cost? Surgeons encourage patients to be open about financial questions before the surgery. Though rarely covered by Insurance, deductible and co-pay questions are best handled early on. If a payment plan is required, both patient and surgeon benefit from a clear discussion on this matter.
- Will it be painful? Many patients, men in particular, may be reluctant or hesitant to ask about what level of pain they should expect during the procedure. Fortunately, today’s hair restoration surgeons have a number of pre- and post-operative methods that can make you comfortable and ease your mind about your surgery.
What are some of your questions?