Moonkyu Kim, MD, PhD
Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea, March 1983 – February 1989, M.D.
Kyungpook National University Graduate School, March 1989 – August 1991, M.S.
Kyungpook National University Graduate School, March 1991 – February 1995, Ph.D
Research and professional experience
2001. 4. – Present Assistant Professor, Department of Immunology, Kyungpook National University, School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
1999. 3. – 2001. 3. Full-Time Instructor, Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University
1997. 4. – 1999. 2. Post-Doc Fellow, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
1997. 2. – 1997. 4. Post-Doc Fellow, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
1989. 10. – 1996. 6. Teaching Assistant, Department of Immunology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University
Member of European Hair Research Society, 2000
1. Hyun-Jeong Lee, Shin-Taek Oh, Seong-Jun Ha, Jin-Wou Kim, Jungmin Seo, Moonkyu Kim, Jungchul Kim; Cloning of human lung Kruppel-like factor (LKLF) from dermal papilla and its expression in normal and cancer tissues. Korean J. Invest. Dermatol., 7:48-53, 2000.
2. Ho Chul Seo, Do Won Kim, Moon Kyu Kim, Jung Chul Kim, Sang Lip Chung; Molecular cloning of hSC2 encoding 5α-reductase-like protein. Ann. Dermatol., 12(4):218-224, 2000.
3. Jungmin Seo, Moonkyu Kim, Jungchul Kim; Identification of novel genes differentially expressed in PMA induced HL-60 cells using cDNA microarrays. Molecules and Cells, 10(6):732-738, 2000
4. Jungmin Seo, Jungchul Kim, Moonkyu Kim; Cloning of androgen-inducible gene 1 (AIG1) from human dermal papilla cells. Molecules and Cells, 11(1):35-40, 2001
5. Do-Won Kim, Jung-Ju Lee, Jung-Chul Kim, and Moon-Kyu Kim; Activation of the amelanotic melanocytes in the outer root sheath with endothelins in the human hair organ culture. Korean J. Invest. Dermatol., 8(4):235-244, 2001
6. Seokjong Lee, Wonchae Lee, Sanglip Chung, Dowon Kim, Mihyeung Sohn, Moonkyu Kim, Jungchul Kim, Hanik Bae, Shin Kam. Detection of Human papillomavirus 60 in epidermal cysts of nonpalmoplantar location. Am. J. Dermatopathol. Jun 25(3): 243-247, 2003.
7. Jeong-Hwa Baek, Gene Lee, Si Nae Kim, Jin-Man Kim, Moonkyu Kim, Sung-Chang Chung, Byung-Moo Min. Common genes responsible for differentiation and senescence of human mucosal and epidermal keratinocytes. International Journal of Molecular Medicine. 2003; 12:319-325
8. Na GY, Lee KH, Kim MK, Lee SJ, Kim DW, Kim JC. Polymorphisms in the Melanocortin-1 Receptor (MC1R) and Agouti Signaling Protein (ASIP) Genes in Korean Vitiligo Patients. Pigment Cell Res. 2003 Aug;16(4):383-387.
9. Han I, Kim M, Kim J. Enhanced transfollicular delivery of adriamycin with a liposome and iontophoresis. Exp Dermatol. 13(2):86-92, 2004.
1. Gene expression profile in dermal papilla cells and construction of hair specific cDNA microarrays. 3rd Intercontinental Meeting of Hair Research Societies, 2001, Tokyo, Japan
2. Screening of dermal papilla specific genes using cDNA microarray. 9th European Hair Research Society Meeting, 2002, Brussel, Belgium
3. TGF-b1 and IGF-1 regulated gene expression profile analysis in human outer root sheath cells. 9th European Hair Research Society Meeting, 2002, Brussel, Belgium
4. Gene expression in dermal papilla cells, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 10th Annual Scientific Meeting, 2002, Chicago, USA
5. Use of hair cells for the cultured skin substitutes, 5th Tissue Engineering Society Meeting, 2003, Kobe, Japan
6. Gene expression in dermal papilla cells, Italian Society of Hair Restoration, 8th Annual Scientific Meeting, May 27, 2003, Rome, Italy
7. Screening of dermal papilla specific genes using cDNA microarray, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 11th Annual Scientific Meeting, Oct 16, 2003, New York, USA
8. Gene expression profiling in cultured dermal papilla cells according to serial passages, 4th Intercontinental Meeting of Hair Research Societies, June 17, 2004.
9. MHC class I expression in dermal papilla cells, 12th Annual Scientific Meeting, Aug 14, 2004, Vancouver, Canada