Pierre Bouhanna, MD
At the age of 17, I had the opportunity to be the operating assistant of' Pr Jules Nataf in Plastic Surgery.
In 1976 I got my M.D. degree from the University of Paris, Medical School with a thesis on "Surgical Treatments of Permanent Alopecia".
I did a Residency Program in Dermatology at St Louis Hospital (Paris), under the supervision of Professors : Degos, Touraine and Civatte.
In the field of research, I share a valuable cooperation with Pr Vera Price.
Among my titles and works are:
* Consultant in hair diseases, Centre Sabouraud, Paris.
* President of the "French Society of Hair Replacement Surgery ("SFMCCC)"
* Expert at the French Ministry of Health
* Editor in Chief of the Journal "Hair & Sciences" and its related website
* Textbooks about Medical and Surgical Hair Treatments published in French, English, Spanish and Portuguese
* Chapters about Hair Surgery in the textbooks of Montagna, Unger, Camacho, Roenigk, Coleman, Van Neste,…
* 1983 : Development of the Phototrichogram, an evaluation method for viability of grafted hairs and the effect of drug molecules on hair growth
* 1999 : Coordinator of the Postdoctorate Certificate of Hair Surgery (University of Paris VI) which is approved by the French Ministry of Health. It is directed towards Dermatologists and Plastic surgeons who wish to specialize in Hair Surgery
After 25 years of practice in Scalp Surgery and Pathology, I am confident that the micrografts technique should be adapted to the different individual's criteria (sex, age, ethnic origin). This is achieved through the evaluation methods of a good take of grafts tolerance.