Francisco Jimenez, MD, FISHRS
Dr. Francisco Jimenez was born in the Canary Islands, Spain. He received his medical degree at the University of Navarra (Pamplona) and completed his dermatology residency at the University of Madrid. He is certified in dermatopathology by the University of Miami, and in dermatologic surgery and Mohs surgery by Duke University.
Dr. Jimenez has been in the field of hair transplantation since 1993. He received formal training at the Stough Clinic (Hot Springs, Arkansas), completing a one year fellowship in hair restoration surgery.
Dr. Jimenez has lectured in a number of meetings and seminars throughout Spain, as well as at the meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology and the annual ISHRS meeting.
Currently, Dr. Jimenez is in private practice in Las Palmas (Canary Islands, Spain). His current technique is follicular unit hair transplantation.
Board Certified in Dermatology
ISHRS Fellowship Training Program at Stouogh Clinic, in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Member of the American Academy of Dermatology, European Society of Hair Research, and Academia Española de Dermatología
1. Distribution of human hair in follicular units: a mathematical model for estimating the donor size in follicular unit transplantation. Dermatologic Surgery 1999;25:294-8.
2. Single hair grafting. In the textbook Dermatologic surgery: principles and practices, Ed: Roenigk IRI. Marcel Dekker, New York, 1996:1205-12.
3. Hair transplantation: mini and micrografting techniques. In the textbook Dermatologic Surgery. Ed:J.Ratz, 521-530.
4. The future of hair transplantation (coauthor). Journal Aesthetic Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery 1999;1:55-89.
5. The arrector pili muscle and the follicular unit of the scalp. Derm Surg 2002; 28: 800-3.
6. The contribution of the arrector pili muscle and the sebaceous glands in the follicular unit structure. J Am Acad Dermatol 2004; 5: 217-22.
- 7. A pilot clinical study of hair grafting in chronic leg ulcers. Wound Repair and Regeneration 2012; 20: 806-14
- 8. Vogel JE, Jimenez F, Cole J, et al. Hair Restoration Surgery: The State of the Art. Aesthet Surg J 2012
- 9. Jimenez F. Lichen Planopilaris after hair restoration. Derm Surg 2012; 38:2005.
- 10. Jiménez F, Sosa-Cabrera D. Template stamps to accurate estímate recipient site density in hair Transplantation. Dermatol Surg 2012;38:1383-5.
- 11. Jiménez F. Blunt needles (microcannulae) for infiltrating local anesthetics. Dermatol Surg 2012;38:511-5.
- 12. Jimenez F. Hair transplantation and female hairlines. Dermatol Surg 2011; 37:501-2.
- 13. Jiménez F. Izeta A, Poblet E. Morphometric analysis of the human scalp hair follicle: practical implications for the hair transplant surgeon and hair regeneration studies. Dermatol Surg 2011; 37: 58-64.
- 14. Gutiérrez-Rivera A, Pavón-Rodriguez A, Jiménez-Acosta F, et al. Functional characterization of highly adherent CD34+ keratinocytes isolated from human skin. Exp Dermatol 2010; 19: 682-96.
- 15. Poblet E, Jimenez F. CD10 and CD34 in fetal and adult human hair follicles: dynamic changes in their immunohistochemical expression during embryiogenesis and hair cycling. Br J Dermatol 2008; 159: 646-52.
- 16. Poblet E, Jiménez F, Pascual A, Piqué E. Frontal fibrosing alopecia versus lichenplanopilares: a clinicopathologicalstudy. International J Dermatol 2006; 45: 375-80.
- 17. Poblet E, Jimenez F, Godinez JM, Pascual-Martín A, Izeta A. The immunohistochemical expression of CD34 in human hair follicles: a comparative study with the bulge marker CK15. Clin Exp Dermatol 2006; 31: 807-12.
- 18. Poblet E, Jimenez F, de Cabo C, et al. The calcium-binding protein calretinin is a marker of the companioin cell layer of the human hair follicle. Br J Dermatol 2005; 152: 1316-20.