Ekrem Civas, MD, FISHRS
Dr Ekrem Civas was born in 1971. He graduated in 1993 from the Medical School of Dicle University Turkey. In 1999 he completed his residency in dermatology. He worked and trained in various local and international institutions in the field of dermatology and hair loss until 2007 when he left the Dermatological department of Ankara Numune Hospital to develop Civas Clinic in Ankara.
Having developed interest in the field of hair transplantation from 1999, he underwent international training and practice in hair transplantation from 2003-2007 in Poland, Canada, New York Hair loss center America, Sweden and Spain. Since 1999-2006 he performed FUT hair transplant surgery, and from 2006, with the development of the FUE technology, Dr. Civas has continuously improved his expertise in FUE. He has by now done over 3500 hair transplant surgeries. He is also a hair loss diagnosis and treatment specialist for men and women. Currently he is pioneering the research on the Cosmetic hair restoration for cicatricial alopecia patients through FUE surgical hair transplant.
Through training in Cutera Academy in New York and Barcelona in 2009, Dr Civas advanced his dermatological expertise in the correction of skin problems with laser. Some of the practices he is currently doing in this field are
- Laser Hair Removal
- Laser Nail Fungus Treatment
- Laser Treatment of Warts
- Laser Treatment of Rosacea
- Laser Treatment of Veins
- Laser Hair Loss Treatment
- Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Rejuvenation
- Laser Spot Treatment
- Vascular Mole Laser Treatment
From 2001, Dr. Civas began building his experience in Botox and Filler injections and face shaping practice by participating in international meetings and courses in this subject to achieve long lasting and natural results. He performs Botox injections to reduce wrinkles and to treat migraines and excessive sweating.
Dr. Civas has been devoted to doing lots of research work on hair transplantation and dermatology that has been nationally and internationally published. He has participated in 47 national and international scientific meetings and conferences as an educator and speaker, published 2 books, 27 scientific articles and 22 scientific posters.
Hair Transplant Training
- 1999 - Established Civas Clinic and took hair transplant training in Istanbul, Turkey
- 2003-2007 - Hair transplant practice in Poland, Canada, New York, Sweden and Spain
- 1999-2006 - FUT practice
- 2006-2015 - FUE and FUT practice
- 2011- First and only Doctor in Turkey to be ABHRS Certified
- 16 years experience
- Over 3500 successful hair restoration surgeries for women and men
- Scientific Research in cosmetic hair restoration for primary and secondary cicatricial alopecia
- 2015 - Attained ISHRS Fellow status (FISHRS) - First and only FISHRS doctor in Turkey
- 2009 - Training in Cutera Academy in New York and Barcelona - Laser applications in dermatology
- 2009-2015 - Practice in skin rejuvenation with laser, laser spot treatment, laser wart removal, laser treatment for varicose veins and capillaries, toenail fungus treatment with laser, hair loss treatment with laser and laser hair removal.
- 2001-2015 - Botox and Filler injections and face shaping practice - Botox injections for wrinkles, migraines and excessive sweating.
- Participated in 47 national and international scientific meetings as a speaker and educator
- Published 2 books on hair transplant
- Written 27 scientific articles that have been internationally recognized.
- 22 scientific posters presented in international and national conferences
- ABHRS - 2011
- FISHRS - 2015
- American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS)
- International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS)
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
- European Hair Research Society (EHRS)
- European Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ESHRS)
- Asian Association Hair Restoration Surgeons (AAHRS)
- International Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ISDS)
- Society of Dermatological Surgery (DCD)
- Turkish Dermatology Associations (TDD)
- Turkish Medical Association (TTB)
- Ankara Skin and Venereal Diseases Association (ADZHD)
1. Editors. Volkerts BD. Yttrium. Compounds, Production and Applications. Authors. Civas E, Aksoy B, Aksoy HM. Nd.YAG Laser Treatment for Different Vascular Lesions. Pub. Date. 2010 4th quarter, Binding. Hardcover, Nova Science Publishers, Hauppage, New York, USA. ISBN. 978-1-61728-928-6.
2. Authors / Editors. Civas E, Aksoy B and Aksoy HM. Nd. Yag Laser Treatment for Various Vascular Lesions. Pub. Date. 2010 4th quarter, Binding. Softcover, Nova Science Publishers, Hauppage, New York, USA. ISBN.978-1-61761-099-8.
3. Issue. Editor. Civas E, Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey Special Issue, Ankara, Turkey, 3-4, 2010
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
1. Surgical Treatment of Hair Loss Turkey Clinics J Cosm Dermatol-Special Topics, CIVAS E 2015; 8 (1): 79-82
2. TURKDERM Skin Diseases and Syphilis Archive, “Hair Transplantation Innovations and Applications”, Civas E, 2014; 48 (1): 70-73
3. Special Issue of Cosmetic Dermatology, Turkey Clinics Dermatology Magazine, "Hair Transplantation Innovations, My Personal Experiences / Preferences, Civas E, 2013, Volume 6, No. 4
4. Turkey Clinics Dermatology Magazine, "Hair Diseases" Special iIssue, Hair Transplantation Civas E 2013; 6 (4): 60-2
5. Scalp Blocks in Dermatocosmetic Surgery, Civas E, Turkey Clinics Special Issue "Anesthesia in Cosmetic Applications", 4-4, 19-22, 2011
6. Hair Transplantation with Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Technique, Civas E, Turkey Clinics Special Issue on Hair Transplantation, 3-4, 55-57. 2010.
7. Anesthesia in Hair Transplantation, Turkey Clinics Hair Transplantation Special Issue, Civas E 3-4, 44-47. 2010.
8. Effectiveness of Non-Ablative Three Dimensional (3D) Skin Rejuvenation. A Retrospective Study Involving 46 Patients. Civas E, Aksoy B, Surucu B, Koc E, Aksoy HM. Photomed Laser Surg, 2010, DOI
9. Hair Transplantation For Therapy-Resistant Alopecia Areata Of The Eyebrows. Is It The Right Choice? Civas E, Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Eski M, Yucel K. J Dermatol 2010.37.823–826
10. Clinical Experience In The Treatment Of Different Vascular Lesions Using A Neodymium-Doped Yttrium Aluminum Garnet Laser. Civaş E, Koç E, Aksoy B, Aksoy HM. Dermatol Surg 2009.35.1933-1941
11. Report Of Two Angiokeratoma Of Fordyce Cases Treated With A 1064 Nm Long-Pulsed Nd.YAG Laser. Civas E, Koç E, Aksoy B, Aksoy HM. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 2009.25.166-168.
12. Evaluation Of Three Instruments Used In FUE. Civas E, Aksoy HM, Koc E, Aksoy B. Hair Transplant Forum International Jan - Feb 2009. 19. 14-15
13. Redefining Corrective Hair Surgery In Young Patients, Civas E, Journal Of ESHRS, 2008,8,1:14-16
14. Lateral Foldplasty With Or Without Partial Matricectomy For The Management Of Ingrown Toenails. Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Civas E, Oc B, Atakan N. Dermatologic Surgery 2009.35.462-468
15. Nodular Basal Cell Carcinoma With Clinically Involved Large Solitary Trichoepithelioma. Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Öç B, Civaş E. General Medical Journal 2009.19.41-44
16. A New Experimental Delayed Wound Healing Model In Rabbits. Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Civaş E, Ustün H, Atakan N. Eur J Dermatol. 2009 Aug 6.
17. Confetti-Like Macular Atrophy: A New Entity? Berna AKSOY 1 , Hüseyin ÜSTÜN 2 , Rukiye GÜLBAHÇE 2 , Mahi BALCI 3 , Hasan M. AKSOY 4 , Ekrem CIVAS 5 , Nilgün ATAKAN 6 Volume 36 Issue 11, Pages 592–597 Published Online: 29-Oct-2009
18. Nail Debridement Fort He Treatment Of Onychogryposis - Use Of Wire Cutter And Bone Rongeur. Aksoy HM, Aksoy B, Civaş E, Öç B. European Journal Of Plastic Surgery. 2008. 31. 269-270.
19. Basal Cell Carcinoma In A Skin Tag - Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Üstün H, Civaş E, Öç B, Atakan N. European Journal Of Dermatology 2008.18. 605-606.
20. Confluent And Reticulated Papillomatosis, Treatment With Topical Combination Isotretinoin-Erythromycin Gel And Topical Urea - Case Report. Aksoy B, Üstün H, Balcı M, Aksoy HM, Civas E, Atakan N. Türkiye Klinikleri Journal Of Dermatology 2008.18. 283-288.
21. Ineffectiveness of Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra in Topical Cantharidin Treatment. Askoy B, Civas E, Üstün H. Turkish Journal of Dermatology. 2009.3.50-5.
22. Giant Skin Tags Located In The Lower Half Of The Body. A Report Of Two Cases. Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Civas E, Üstün H. Turkey Clinics Journal Of Medical Sciences 2009.29(6).1770-1772.
23. Azithromycin-Induced Onychomadesis - Aksoy B, Aksoy HM, Civas E, Atakan N. European Journal Of Dermatology 2008.18. 362-363.
24. Post-Pemfigus Acanthomata: A Case Report. Aytekin S, Harman M, Civas E, Aktaş M, Derici M. Turk J Dermatopathol 1998; 7:56-58
25. Effect Of Acitretin On Recalcitrant Warts, Mehmet Harman, Sema Aytekin, Sedat Akdeniz, H. Serhat İnalöz, Ekrem Civas, T Klin J Dermatol 1998,8:113-115
1. Hair Transplantation For Therapy Resistant Alopecia Areata Of Eyebrows: Is It The Right Choıce?, E.Civas, B.Aksoy, HM Aksoy, K Yucel, 11-15 November 2009, XIX Prof.Dr.Lutfu Tat Dermatology Symposium, Ankara/Turkey
2. Basal Cell Carcinoma In The Acrochordon, B.Aksoy, H M Aksoy, H.Üstün, E. Civaş, B. Öç, N. Atakan, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008, Istanbul / Turkey
3. Successful Treatment of Scrotal Angiokeratoma with 1064-Nm-Long-Pulsed Nd: YAG Laser, E. Civaş, E. Koç, B. Aksoy, H. M. Aksoy, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
4. Effectiveness Of Variable Long-Pulsed Nd: YAG Laser's In The Treatment Of Vascular Lesions Of Varying Difficulty E. Civaş, E. Koç, B. Aksoy, H. Aksoy, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
5. Three-Dimensional Non-Ablative (3D) Skin Rejuvenation: A Retrospective Study Involving 46 Patients, E. Civaş B. Aksoy, B. Sürücu, E.Koç, H.M. Aksoy, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
6. Confetti-Like Macular Atrophy: Atrofoderma Elastolyticum Diskretum's Macular Form or A New Entity? B. Aksoy, H Üstün, R. Gülbahçe, M. Balcı H. M. Aksoy, E.Civaş, N.Atakan, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
7. Nail Debridement With Wire Cutters And Bone Rongeurs In The Treatment Of Onicogrifose H. M. Aksoy, E.Civaş, B. Aksoy, B Öç, 22nd National dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 in Konya / Turkey
8. Concurrently Existing Breast Cancer And Unilateral Paget's Disease, B. Aksoy, S. Gökduman, H. Üstün, E. Civas, S. Tez, 22 nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 in Konya
9. Confluent And Reticulated Papillomatosis: Topical Isotretinoin-Erythromycin Combination Gel And Topical Urea Treatment, B. Aksoy, H. Üstün, M. Balcı H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, N. Atakan, The 22nd .National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 Istanbul / Turkey
10. A New Experimental Model Of Chronic Wound Healing Described In Rabbits, B. Aksoy, H. Üstün, M. Balcı H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, N. Atakan, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
11. Nodular Basal Cell Carcinoma Clinically Confused With Large Solitary Trichoepithelioma, B. Aksoy, M. Aksoy, B. Öç, E. Civaş, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 in Konya / Turkey
12. Huge Acrochordons Settled On The Lower Half Of The Body: Two Case Reports, B. Aksoy, H. M. Aksoy, E. CIVAS, H. Üstün, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
13. Symmetric Biletral Piloleyomiyom Settled In Thighs, B. Aksoy, M. Aksoy, H.Üstü, R. Gülbahçe, M. Balcı, B. Öç, N. Atakan, 22nd National Dermatology Congress, 14-18 October 2008 In Konya / Turkey
14. Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra Topical Cantharidin Treatment, B. Aksoy, E. Civaş, H. Üstün, 22nd National Dermatology Congress 14-18 October 2008, Istanbul / Turkey
15. Confetti –Like Macular Atrophy: Macular Form Of Atrophoderma Elastolyticum Discretum Or A New Entity?, B.Aksoy, H.Üstün, R.Gülbahçe, M.Balcı, H.M.Aksoy, E.Civaş, 5th Eadv Sprıng Symposıum, May 22-25 2008, İstanbul/Turkey
16. Nail Debridement For The Treatment Of Onychogryphosis: Use Of Wire Cutter And Bone Rongeur, B.Aksoy, H.M.Aksoy, E.Civaş, B.Öç, 5th Eadv Sprıng Symposıum,May 22-25 2008,İstanbul/Turkey
17. Confluent And Reticulated Papillomatosis: Treatment With Topical Combination Isotretinoin-Erythromycin Gel And Topical Urea, B. Aksoy, H. Üstün, M. Balcı, H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, N. Atakan, 5th EADV Spring Symposium, May 22-25 2008, Istanbul/Turkey
18. An Experimental Chronic Wound Healing Model In Rabbits, B. Aksoy, H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, H. Üstün, N. Atakan, 5th EADV Spring Symposium, May 22-25 2008, Istanbul/Turkey
19. A Large Solitary Trichoepithelioma Clinically Confused With Nodular Basal Cell Carcinoma, B. Aksoy, H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, 5th EADV Spring Symposium, May 22-25 2008, Istanbul/Turkey
20. Lateral Foldplasty With Or Without Limited Lateral Matrisectomy For The Management Of Ingrown Toenails, H. M. Aksoy, E. Civaş, B. Öç, N. Atakan, 5th EADV Spring Symposium, May 22-25 2008, Istanbul/Turkey
21. Pulmonary Tuberculosis And Darier’s Disease Report Of An Unusual Case O. Selcuk Sonmez, P. Bayazit, A. Uzundag Iseri, G. Dulkar, Y. Agackiran, E. Civas, Ankara/Turkey