The purpose of the Hair Loss Discussion Forum is to create an open environment where consumers, physicians and anyone interested can discuss the topics associated with hair loss, hair restoration and hair restoration surgery. As the largest international society of hair restoration physicians, ISHRS members have a vast amount of expertise and experience to share with anyone on these subjects.
We hope this is a place for everyone to communicate and learn about the emotional and physical challenges of hair loss—along with its treatments.
In order to maintain the purpose and spirit of the Hair Loss Discussion Forum, we ask that all users understand and respect the following guidelines:
Use of appropriate content is required. Abusive, profane and vulgar language, graphics and images will not be tolerated.
We welcome individuals of all different backgrounds, orientations, and views, so this is our most important rule: Healthy debate and the exchange of ideas are encouraged; threats, abuse, hate-speech, personal attacks, and harassment will not be tolerated.
Think of it this way: Attack an idea, not a person. Post: "That's a stupid thing to say," instead of: "You are the stupidest person in the world!"
Personal attacks on anyone are not permitted. Personal attacks include, but are not limited to, the following: defamatory, denigrating, sexual, and/or sexually implicit remarks.
Keep in mind that this is a discussion forum. Posts that are off-topic, better suited as e-mail back to the original posting member, or one-line zingers (member harassment) will be removed.
There will be no self-promotion, promotion, advertising, or solicitations about a particular doctor or practice - either by the doctor or a third-party.
Posts soliciting or advertising events or items which include phone numbers, commercial web sites, buy/sell items, SPAM, etc., are not permitted and will be removed.
Users may include URLs in their post, but each must be directed to informational articles or content directly related to the post topic. URLs that are not contributing to the conversation or topic may be removed at any time by the Hair Loss Discussion Forum administrators e.g., you may not post a link to the homepage of your website within the body of your post.
We will do our best to judge posts on their own merits and in context; however, we do reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
Posting Best Practices
While our guidelines are in place to maintain the integrity and purpose of our Hair Loss Discussion Forum, we also believe there are some “best practices” that will help improve everyone’s experience while participating:
- When introducing a new topic, please determine which forum is most appropriate and also review existing topics to make sure yours is new or different before you click “New Discussion Forum Topic.”
- The subject line is important. When starting a new topic, make sure to create a subject line that both clues in the reader and catches the eye of your audience.
- When adding a comment to a topic, feel free to edit the subject line to express how you are extending the conversation. This way everyone can get a quick glance at the direction of the conversation within a thread without actually opening each posting.
- Feel free to reply to as many topics and as often as you would like, as long as you are adding value and not infringing on our Hair Loss Discussion Forum Guidelines (stated above). As experienced online learners know, the goal is to advance the knowledge of the group, which comes from active conversation.
- Post early, post often and please visit the Hair Loss Discussion Forum as regularly as possible to make sure you are active and involved in the conversation!
Note: The views expressed in the Discussion Forums are those of the individual author and not necessarily those of the ISHRS. Information included is not medical advice and is not intended to replace the considered judgment of a practitioner with respect to particular patients, procedures, or practices. To the extent permissible under applicable laws, the ISHRS specifically disclaims responsibility for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a result of an author’s statements or materials. Further, the ISHRS is an educational society for physicians with an interest in hair restoration surgery and does not have a mechanism for investigating complaints made by the public about specific physicians.