Stand Proud, Be Loud
ISHRS members commit to integrity of profession
An increasing number of unlicensed personnel worldwide are performing substantial medical aspects of hair restoration surgery and, in doing so, are putting patients at risk. The ISHRS is committed to the highest standards of medical practice and to educating consumers about this unlawful practice and to follow due diligence when researching a hair restoration surgeon.
YOU can stand in solidarity with thousands of others to support the ISHRS “Stand Proud, Be Loud” campaign:
- Sign the ISHRS online petition to show your commitment to a society where surgeons, not technicians, perform the surgery.
- Post the badge on your website and link to the ISHRS consumer alert page. Download the badge here.
- Please share your stories about patients who are seeking ISHRS physician help, asking them to correct mistakes of individuals who are not properly licensed or trained to perform surgical hair transplantation. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report any concerns about unlawful practices you see or hear about to your local authorities, states attorney generals, and ministries of health and medical boards.
During the 25th World Congress, ISHRS leaders are asking all members worldwide to Stand Proud and Be Loud by:
- Stopping by the registration table to pick up a badge – and wear it!
- Taking a picture of you wearing the badge, and post it on Twitter and Facebook. Use #SurgeonsNotTechsPerformSurgery